Monday, July 13, 2015

Distort the Language

Political language... is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.
-George Orwell

To those that need consistent reiteration, I stress the following: I have no gripe with LGBT individuals or groups, nor do I think they're hiding under the bed waiting to pounce on me and tear my family unit apart. I think all individuals everywhere are well within their rights to pursue happiness and prosperity, provided they do not initiate force against another individual or entity. Again, this doesn't compel me to celebrate the SCOTUS ruling. For the inquiring minds, spiritually I identify as a non-practicing Christian. This likely just makes me another faux spiritual American, but without the whole flag and state worship thing.

Whew! Since that's out of the way, let's continue.

I happened upon a notification that, despite a very blatant disclaimer written in plain English in the source text (you know, the Bible), an amended, politically correct bible is now readily available. Finally! A way to call yourself a Christian without adhering to Christian principle. It likely took the left a few minutes to do what the Neoconservatives have been trying to do for decades.

My gripe isn't that someone published this. I'm not out to stop people from saying whatever damn foolish thing they want to say. I don't even care that someone out there might take this as the divinely inspired word of God; people everywhere believe lies all the time, and it's not worth getting worked up about.

"So Black Flag, what is your gripe?"

The distortion of language and intention of the written word (not just spiritual, any variety) is part of a dangerous arsenal easily used to ruin culture and society. Yes I know, free speech. This doesn't nullify my right to disagree and openly challenge.

Language and written word is distorted in the widest variety of ways to achieve Statist ends.

All of the above are true and invoked real world examples of the distortion of written word and language. It changes everything from nouns, to adjectives, to the message behind a statement. It gives impossible qualities to the mundane, much like a racist peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Language distortion is the tool that makes Statism and political correctness possible.  Language distortion needs to be openly challenged and refuted at every possibility. Judging by the comments section on articles regarding instances of language distortion, I'm hopeful that sane individuals are gaining the advantage in the fight to refute it.

The slippery slope isn't a future danger. It's here, and unlikely to go away on it's own.

Permission to reprint or reproduce is granted and encouraged. Please provide credit to Black Flag, and link back to this blog.





No comments:

Post a Comment